Notice of Policy for guidance on Personnel Safety, Equipment and the Successful Executions of Traffic Control Closures
To: Supervisors, Traffic Managers and Flaggers
Date: In effect as of September 1, 2017
RE: Updated Safety Policy
Due to our company growing and acquiring contracts with new general contractors, our company is updating it’s safety policy and work rules to reflect what is now required of all employees. As of September 1, 2017; All employees will be required to wear:
- A Class III retroreflective flagging outfit, to include a Class III Vest and Class E Flagging Pants. Wearing tank tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, white beaters or any other form of strapless top underneath your vest is forbidden. If a Class II vest is being worn, the shirt underneath the vest must have at least 3” sleeves. Shorts are forbidden to be worn unless Class E Flagger pants are being worn. If Class E Flagger Pants are being worn, shorts must be a length to reach to or below the knees while being worn at the top of the hip.
- Orange Hard Hat must be worn whenever outside of a vehicle.
- Shaded or Clear Safety Glasses must be worn whenever outside of a vehicle.
- Work Boots must be worn at all times.
- Work Gloves must be worn by Traffic Managers and any other personnel assembling, setting up, taking down, taking apart, moving, fixing or maintaining any and all traffic control equipment. This includes drums, cones, sign stands, arrow boards, signs, posts, etc.
- This is in addition to any equipment that personnel are already required to have from previous company policy. This includes: Certification Cards, Photo ID, Stop/Slow Paddle, Functioning 2-way radio, Extra batteries for radio, cooler with food and water and time sheets.
Any questions or concerns regarding this memorandum shall be directed to the office at (302) 697-7117.